Friday, July 8, 2011

I Love Small Cakes

Cupcakes are all the rage these days. Thinking of all the different places in DC - Baked&Wired, Georgetown Cupcake, Sprinkles, Hello Cupcake, Red Velvet, just to name a few - is enough to make your head spin. They also run anywhere from $2.50-$5 per cupcake, which is wild since a box of cake mix might be cheaper - and you'd get 24 cupcakes! Although cupcakes are more of a fun novelty than anything - they still rock, and I keep buying them. I needed a pick me up today during work and luckily for me Curbside Cupcakes (www.curbsidecupcakes.com and @CurbsideCupcake on Twitter) had one of their trucks down the street from my office! Their trucks, nicknamed Pinky 1 and Pinky 2 (which I love), are convenient mobile bakeries providing a much needed snack during the slow afternoon. Since it was a little late in the afternoon, the truck was low on flavors; however, I tried the Classic Vanilla which was was pretty good. My co-worker got the Key Lime Pie and said that the cake was okay but the standout was the icing - tangy and sweet with a great cake-to-icing ratio. Curbside cupcake wasn't my absolute favorite - that title may go to Baked&Wired mainly because of their outrageous flavors - but it definitely hit the spot. For $3, it was exactly what I needed in a convenient location - I would absolutely suggest you check them out!

Love,

T

Perfect Pick-Me-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment