Friday, July 1, 2011

Kate takes Canada!

If you met me you probably wouldn't think I am a major fan of British Royalty.  As an American patriot (much like Toby Keith) it is almost ironic that I have such affection for the Crown even though this nation was founded on a generally united (shout out to you, Loyalists!) disdain for it.  I think it probably began when my mom took me to New York when I was tiny Emma to see Princess Diana.  Since I was a little kid, I got up to the front, but my mom did not provide me with flowers to present to the Princess like the little girl next to me had.  Princess Diana talked to her (what a bitch - the girl, NOT Diana), but she pretty much ignored me even though I like to pretend we made eye contact and she gave me a look of approval like, "oh hi Emma, I don't need to talk to you because I know you will be fab someday."  Maybe that's why I am so awesome - probably not, but maybe.

Anyway, when it was Royal Wedding time I didn't think I would be as obsessed as I was with Ms. Kate Middleton - she had been in the news for years as William's girlfriend so I was sort of over it.  When the day came I couldn't help myself, and and I got up to watch the wedding along with the other 2 billion Royal Watchers around the globe.  Kate Middleton was gorgeous, and composed, and all of those lovely things, but then something happened for me that sort of made me fall in love with her - when she got out of the coach at Buckingham Palace she thanked the driver and aides who helped her with her dress.  Some DC "power players" don't even take time to thank a waiter or their assistants, but for her, it seemed sort of like second nature.  Fantastic.  

Now she is in Canada - let's get down to it.  Her clothes are perfect and she is beautiful (although sorry, Kate, you will never be as fierce as QE2), and although a little on the thin side, she is absolutely wearing the clothes - the clothes aren't wearing her.  Let's discuss today's Canada Day outfit - the gorgeous white Reiss Dress (£159 ~$255) and the amazing red hat adorned with maple leaves.  Additionally, she has a sparkling maple leaf broach on loan from The Queen.  The dress, by the way, is a repeat of the one in her engagement photos, according to the Daily Mail (read more: http://bit.ly/mtCTT5), and it is welcomed back today as she looks appropriate and fabulous on her first official tour.  I am so excited to see what she wears the rest of the trip, and I cannot wait until the day the newest royal couple joins us in DC (we got Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall in early May and Prince Edward was also in town recently ps).  As much as I hate to admit it, I will probably be joining the masses in the streets just hoping to get a glimpse of them. Until then, I will sign off - well at least until she wears another fab outfit...


God Save the Queen (and the Future Queen)

Love, E

PS: Harry, for the last time, I am just not in the mood for another trip to Ibiza this weekend.  Stop asking, I need to celebrate America.

No comments:

Post a Comment