Thursday, June 30, 2011

Confessions of a Shopoholic

Today is pay day, which means that for the next 48-72 hours (depending on how long it takes for my roommate to cash my rent check) - I'm rich, bitch. Well, by my low standards anyway. Like many of you I'm sure, I utilize the iphone mint.com (www.mint.com) app to track my spending. This, more often than not, results in me getting a huge slap in the face when I realize where my money actually disappears to. Take last month for example - I spent over $450 on clothes. The best part of this? I DON'T KNOW WHAT I BOUGHT. Well, thats not entirely true - it was the Lilly Pulitzer warehouse sale so there went a bulk of it. The point of my story is that last night I decided this would be the perfect forum to try my latest little plan - taking each month and setting a goal for myself to cut out one bad habit that I know I have. This month it will be shopping. I'm anticipating a lot of "oh but I REALLY need this" or "well this is on sale" or (the best) "rue la la is bringing back x sale for a limited time!" I really want to try this though and am going to use the blog as my support group. Everything I want to buy I'm going to post here. Maybe then someone else might purchase and let me borrow?

Love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment