Thursday, June 23, 2011

Why You Should Eat Seafood from a Truck

I like bread.  Carbs are absolutely my friend - even if it means some extra time at the gym.  If I had to choose my favorite type of bread I would have to go with rolls, my mom used to let me have one roll a week when I was little and accompanied her to the Acme in Pennsylvania - clearly that was the best day of the week. To this day, I would pick good bread over chocolate, always.   

Now I do not live under a rock; I have had a lobster roll before.  Hell, I have had rolls stuffed with loads of items - peperoni, cheese, jalapenos, I mean the list could go on forever - but this lobster roll was something special, and felt right even though I wasn't enjoying it on the beautiful shores of New England.  


I couldn't stop to take a picture I had to dig in as soon as I got back to my desk.

You'll be surprised when I tell you I bought this lobster roll from a truck, especially if you aren't a DC local or avid food truck diner like I am, but I have to say I was blown away by the Redhook Lobster Truck today (@LobsterTruckDC on Twitter).  After convincing a coworker to walk over with me we decided to split a Connecticut Style roll (poached in butter...holy shit) and a Maine Style roll (Mayo based sauce...yes I worked out this morning in preparation).  Both rolls blew. my. mind.  The lobster on the roll was no joke.  It was very serious in fact, I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into the whole lobster claws just sitting on top of my buttered New England roll.  The lobster was perfectly cooked, I couldn’t have asked for anything better.  At $15 bucks a roll this isn’t the cheapest weekday lunch pick, but it was worth every penny.  After a pretty brutal morning this was the pick me up I needed, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get their lobster on and make an ordinary work day a special one.

*Also, the truck offers plenty of other treats including shrimp rolls and whoopie pies to name a few, I can't wait to try them*

GIANT LOBSTER CLAW:  just one of the many in my lunch today...


And that's my lobster tale.

Love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment